Monday, June 28, 2010

Rabbits

Well Ponto was just as dog aggressive when on lead at the show last Sunday.   Found a good article on Lowering Arousal: How to Train Impulse Control by Dee Ganley (http://www.deesdogs.com/documents/LoweringArousal.pdf) which I shall put into practise with all three dogs, most especially Ponto.  Her hide and seek is still very much improved.  This morning she caught a rabbit unfortunately, although as the countryside here is riddled with rabbits I guess it is not too distressing.  Her reaction was to let me take the rabbit.  She then thought perhaps this is a tuggy toy like the one she uses in her agility training, we had a short tug, I asked her to drop it then disposed of the rabbit.   After that she came along with me just as she would had it really been her tuggy toy and I put it away.  Not sure what to extrapolate from this behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment